Kate Winslet looked simply radiant at the Oscars Sunday night in her mint green Valentino gown.
I loved her dress, her jewels and her gorgeous and classic hair. Last night I spoke with hairstylist Campbell McAuley, about how he created Kate's old Hollywood style sweeping soft waves secured in a low side chignon. He said,
"Because Kate's dress was lovely and simple, the hair was styled the same way to create an elegant look."
For step by step instructions on how to create this look at home, read more...
* Campbell explained it is crucial to apply a smoothing product when the hair is wet. He used Smooth Hair, $17.50, when the hair is wet. This adds shine and prevents frizz.
* Begin by blow drying hair straight. Next, when Campbell was ready to begin styling, he used a medium sized curling iron around the front of her face for volume. Try Enzo Milano's 25 mm Grande Curling Iron, $129.95.
* Then, brush out the hair completely until it's smooth and put it in a side ponytail. Then run a nickel sized amount of Technician Color-Protecting Glaze, $20, into the palms of your hands and apply it all over the hair to add even more shine!
* Next, add a little extra hair (either a weave or extensions) to the ponytail so that it's fuller and thicker and then shape it into a side knot and secure it with bobby pins.
* Lastly, mist hair all over with a light hairspray for hold.
DATE: February 27, 2007